19 February 2009

Have you ever just wanted to run away?
I have.
I do.

I want to go somewhere new.
Where people don't know who I am or what I have been.
Somewhere I can start over.
Start over with Ashlee.

I imagine someplace deserted.
The wind blows hard enough to hear, but so gently it only makes the hairs on your arms stand a little taller.
The birds make their music without reservation, and so can we.
Our life is perfect.
There is no stress.
There is nobody to look down on us.
There is only us.
And our love.

I want to just hold you forever, Ashlee.
I want to make sure that you're kept safe from everything that has ever hurt you.
I love you.

I want to run away with you.
I know that's not what would make us happiest.
So, I'm putting this little dream away.
I'll visit it now and then.
Sometimes I'll yearn for it.
But most of the time, I won't.

I'll hate it.
I know I will.

I love you, not because of sum dreamland but, becaseu of what you are, and what you help me become, in reality.
I wouldn't trade that for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment